Thursday, March 29

Blume To Blame


It's clear to me who's at fault for GirlyDiva's sudden epiphany regarding the Saggy Sisters. (please read previous post for the full story) When she plopped herself on the couch last night with the classic read "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" I knew immediately why her 'super puberty senses' took quick note of my distasteful Bra-less-ness. I haven't seen this book in decades, and only remembered bits and pieces of it from when I read it WAY back in the day. I re-read it last night just for fun. Ahhh..the adrenaline of youth. The glory of discovering womanhood. The countless repitition of the word "menstruate". And wow..did you ladies that are in your golden years REALLY have to wear that whole belt and pin sanitary napkin get-up? Good Lordy what a nightmare.

1 comment:

Stepping Over the Junk said...

My mom wouldnt let me read that until I was 16 because she didnt want me to know anything (crazy) but I smuggled it from a friend