Tuesday, November 18

I'm Thankful For: Preschool

At the ridiculous tender age of 17, I gave birth to my first child, GirlyWoman. (Do you KNOW how stupid it feels to have people mistake your baby for your sister? OIY.)

So later on, I had two "planned" kids, and then we had a little "surprise". (Oh, you know the kind.. The ones that make you crawl behind the toilet while you grip a small pee-stained stick, sobbing, and begging: "Why Lord WHY?!?!" Yeah. that kind.)

Now GirlyWoman is a mere month away from her 20th birthday. Man I feel sooo old... Anyway- This is the *first* year of part time pre-school for the BoyKing. He goes twice a week. So you could say this is my first taste of FREEDOM from children in.. Oh, TWENTY YEARS. Please don't get me wrong. I LOVE my kids. I LOVE being a mom. But-

Silence. Is. So. Sweet.

5 comments:

Madame Queen said...

Okay, can I just say HOLY COW!! Yay for you!

Dysd Housewife said...

Oh Yes. YAY indeed. And let me tell you, I am enjoying EVERY single minute :)

Nadine said...

Silence, what is that?

Dysd Housewife said...

Nadine, You've got a baby & a 3 yo?Sorry to say, but looks like your not getting yours for oh..a while. LOL

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I think I'd have to cry too if I got pregnant again after my kids hit double digits! My husband would also never speak to me again since, well, he's fixed.

And, I don't get to experience the euphoria of preschool drop offs, but I understand. You should see the dance I do when all three kids are out of the house at once.