Friday, January 16

A Pox On Your Toll House

I've been coasting. It's been too easy. NO adversity. NO temptation. Satan grew bored with my smug success.

DysdHubby and BoyGenius have a Boyscout camping trip this weekend. They have them once every month.

I *always* make treats for the troop. So, I decided (yes I am that daft) that It would be a great idea to make them some..COOKIES. Whattheheckwasithinking.

Weeeell, ya know the scene in Nemo, where the big shark gets a tiny little whiff of Dorys' blood and all hell breaks loose?

In retrospect, standing above a fresh bowl of tollhouse cookie dough wasn't one of my better ideas. I stood there, staring down at those luscious fluffy peaks of heavenly goodness..and my eyes glazed over...my *inner self* began screaming "Noooo!! Stop!! You can't!! Don't do it!!"

So. I stiffled *inner self* with an enormous dollop of dough, and what ensued can only be described as...Cookiedough Carnage.

It was like starving a Doberman for a month and then tossing him in a cage full of fat little bunnies.

I can't even bring myself to think about the carb count.

10 comments:

ALF said...

There is no way to resist cookie dough. It is impossible.

Gretchen said...

I'm pretty sure that there is some form of crack in the chocolate chips. That is the only explanation for the dissolution of will power. I feel that way when I actually get to go to Starbucks.

Thanks for the comments by the way! It's nice to know that someone reads my drivel. Now, why is it you subject yourself to that?

Jen said...

Cookies make me feel happy. And loved. And like I'm not alone. Pretty much, cookies fulfill my every longing in life, except the longing to avoid shooting abdominal pain when I sit down while wearing jeans.

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

Oh Honey, for me it's the wine.

The key is in waking up tomorrow and doing what you know you SHOULD have done today.

Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up. For me, that only leads to the urge to eat more.

Christina Schmidt said...

Mmmm cookie dough.

It is okay to give yourself a break, right!?

Nadine said...

Hahaha! It is impossible to bake cookies and not eat the dough!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

There is no way I can make cookies and not eat the dough. Especially Toll House ones. Hope it was fun!

alison said...

I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday for the small ones. I managed not to pour the chocolate chips from the bag directly into my mouth. I managed not to eat the dough. I managed to avoid the sweet, sweet cookies as they cooled on the racks. I did not manage to resist the cookies this morning as I packed a couple into each lunch bag. Breakfast this morning was coffee and four chocolate chip cookies. Willpower only hung out with me for a while. Sigh.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I don't think there are any carbs or calories in them until they are actually baked.
I better start softening the butter now.....

Deece said...

I've been saying it for years, cookies will be my downfall. I suppose cookie dough would do it too.

I have to allow myself a small treat (or two...or three) when a craving hits otherwise if I hold out, when I finally have a taste, I'll go way overboard. But lately, I've been indulging far too much.

My friend and I start walking after work today. Here's to change, aye?