Friday, January 9

Rehab

So first, I must thank dear Fairly Odd Mother for bestowing on me my very first ROFL award! Thanks FOM!

Now, on to business. Or should I say torture. As I mentioned, I am dieting. I have chosen the ONLY diet I can do, The Atkins Diet. Why Atkins? Because I recognize a hidden rehab. program when I see one. And well, I *need* rehab. So here's the bad part. For those of you that have not tried a low carb diet, when you abruptly stop taking your drugs stop eating sugar and carbs, you go through WITHDRAWALS. Not just "Oh I really wish I could have a bite of that donut" withdrawals, But full-on "hand it over and nobody gets hurt!!" heroin spins. They call it "Induction Flu".

So, here is what I have resembled for the last three days.




DysdHubby thinks I am dying. LAWDY- I haven't had withdrawals like this since I quit smoking. SERIOUSLY. But.. The good news is, it's finally over. Today, aside from a minor headache, I feel pretty good. AND I had scrambled eggs for breakfast.

10 comments:

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

Ugh. I did it once and will never do low-carb again. The pain was too much for me, and once I went off the diet I binged something awful.

Be proud of yourself for doing it, cause I sure can't!

And congrats on the ROFL!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're on the mend. I remember the carb and nicotine withdrwals like it was yesterday. Ugh!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Too bad the award wasn't edible. Maybe I should have sent you a fruit basket? Or, wait, a bacon basket? (isn't that more "Atkins-y"---I thought they were pretty meat-friendly). Hope you feel better and better; my hat is off to you.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Glad you made it through! It should be all downhill from here, right?

Christina Schmidt said...

UGH... it sounds horrid. I did something like this with caffeine a few years ago but I was pregnant. for the first time. I was SO STOOPID! Anyway, glad you are feeling better.

Fannie said...

I could never do it - I'd have to give up WINE! Sheesh.

hayseed said...

I have to limit my carbs or else it would be a love-fest of carbs all of the time-sending you my sympathy and loads of encouragement too!

Mother of Chaos said...

Whew! Hang in there!!

Deece said...

Carb withdrawl? Are you for real? I didn't know that. Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, been there done that. For me it was more like an out of body experience. I just kind of floated through the day. Very. Icky. Feeling.

I couldn't keep it up. I got bored with the extreme lack of food I could have. Good for you for being able to hang in there, though!